Content that builds communities
Skoda Case Study
Community Building Content That Connects
Cycling is a massive part of ŠKODA’s heritage. Though the brand is now more readily associated with cars, its history first started spinning back in 1895 — with two wheels rather than four. Today, their commitment to cycling is bigger than ever, with an international website building a community worldwide.
It was high time that We Love Cycling made a mark in Ireland.
While the We Love Cycling community was growing across the globe, Irish cyclists remained unenthused. The perception of the brand as an automobile-only business was part of that; so, too, was a lack of involvement in the day-to-day cycling community.
Building We Love Cycling into the type of engaged and powerful community to which ŠKODA Ireland aspired would require connecting directly with a local audience, providing the type of valuable information and actionable content that the Irish public would embrace.
The main objectives, then, were to:
- Launch a localised version of WLC, thereby strengthening Skoda Ireland’s association with cycling;
- Begin building the WLC community in Ireland;
- Create an emotional connection and improve brand likeability, consideration and awareness;
- Drive engagement and traffic to the website as well as WLC social channels;
- And drive participation in ŠKODA cycling events.